Monday, June 15, 2015

Short Circuit Workouts

Hey there current mamas, past mamas and future mamas. I've created three separate circuits to help you start or end your day. Each take me give or take around 13 minutes depending on how things are going with the kiddos. I love them because I know I can get in a semi-decent workout in under 15 minutes. If you want a longer workout, combine them! Do two circuits or all three. The sections are in different colors. You can switch up the sections you do. Normally I stick with one circuit and don't switch around because doing that and other random things that come up(my babe falling and hitting her head). BUT, today I switched up each individual thing between two sections and just did all the ones I felt like my body wanted and needed and I loved that. To get in a minimum of 30 minutes workout a day, I also do Classical Stretch the Esmonde Technique, because my mom is awesome and gave me the season 4 disc. It it more relaxed but will really push your muscle endurance and strength. It sort of (in my mind) is a blend of Pilates and ballet. If you don't want to buy that, you can easy peasy youtube a 15 minute Pilates, yoga, strength or cardio workout. Whatever you want! Right now (I'm 23 weeks prego) with my hips aching like crazy and my lower back doing okay depending on the day, the 15 minutes cardio and and approx. 20 minute muscle endurance and strengthening is super perfect for me. Also, you can obviously switch these up however you want. I.E. turn frog jumps into whatever burpee you want. Switch up your push-up positioning. Diamond push-ups anyone? Yeah, no thanks for me! But if you can you DO IT. Instead of doing 15 second high-knees at every interval, just do walking high-knees. You can mix it up all you want however you want and turn it into something you would love. Hopefully this can just give you a base to start off with!
****I'm not trained in any way. I make this all up on my own and just thought I'd share my process with other people who might want a place to start. If something hurts in a sharp way instead of just a dull burning ache way, then stop the exercise and alter it or don't do it.
Circuit Workouts
comment with any questions on what any of my abbreviations mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment