Tuesday, June 30, 2015

My Top At-Home Video Workouts (and which ones I'd avoid)

I do not make it to the gym. ever. The last time I did was with girly number one. The biggest reason why is because I don't have a membeship. $$$ and TIME people. Both things that I don't have much of. If I had a membership, I'm sure I'd make it at least once a week, but honestly once my husband gets home and its around 5 or 6, I don't want to leave and go work out. I want to hang out with him and the girlies. With that being said, I still try really hard to keep fitness in my life. A lot of the time I do my own thing and make up my own workouts. But, when I'm pregnant is when that gets hardest. When I'm postpartum I am able to start running again or biking again(though not very soon after) and the amount I can do with weights and with movement of my body improves greatly!!! I love postpartum!!!! So, since I am currently a little more than halfway through my pregnancy sometimes all I can muster is the energy to youtube a workout and follow it as much as I can. The workouts I've listed below range in difficulty, but are all ones that will definitely give you a workout! I try to target each different part of my body when doing them by doing things like pairing a 15 minute back workout with a 15 minute core or a leg workout with arms, etc etc. My main goal during pregnancy is to stay fit, so that I can really do the work after the baby comes. It's not too look in the mirror and be like "Wow, i look freakin' good! my arms look amazing and ohhhhh my back is rippling." Yeah-------------NO. That's not even my goal between pregnancies. I think that will come when I'm completely done and I know the work I do will be kept and that I'll have the energy to keep it up, instead of a year later having a cute little baby blow my belly and abs out of the water yet again. So, if you are looking to stay insanely awesomely fit throughout all of your pregnancies this blog probably isn't for you! Back on track. Here are my "Yes" workouts.
Upper Body with Jackie
This lady can work it! Seriously, her workouts aren't easy but it makes you feel the oh so good type of sore.
CafeMom
Some of the things done in these workouts I don't really like, but overall I love all of her videos (there aren't many) because of the emphasis they all put on a strong lower body.ie. thighs, pelvis, core...all of the good stuff moms really do need to keep up with it all. I would also say that they are pretty good for even if you are later into your pregnancy. It's so important to keep your whole pelvic area in shape so that you have a easier and a safe delivery, and a faster recoup.
PopSugar Toughest Arms in Town with Anna
I LOVE all of the popsugar workout videos with anna! They are generally very fast and very effective and always give me new good ideas for isolating certain areas.
Full Body Bootcamp- Melissa Bender
This is the only one I have actually done of hers, and the video is a bit unprofessional but boy does she make you kick it. This is one I wouldn't recommend if you are very far along in your pregnancy. It's too hard with a huge belly!

As you can see my no videos are lacking, but I think that is a good thing. I have many memories of terrible videos I've actually done and thought I felt bigger and lazier afterwards, but I can't seem to find them, nor would Iwant to. I just want you to see these videos and let you know, whether you have kids or not, whether you are expecting or postpartum, WE CAN DO BETTER PEOPLE!!! Let's try to sweat a little, yeah? Breathe a little. Work a little. Burn a little and build a little :)

Denise Austin: Prenatal
No
Just NO. Okay? Tap it out and side step should not be spoken of anymore. We're pregnant, not sick or crippled. It really does bother me the amount of "prenatal workouts" I have seen that do NOTHING for our bodies. They make it seem like we can't move too much or really sweat or build too much or we will miscarry...in some people's cases that is true, but generally they know their situation and aren't trying to find workouts. I think during the actual pregnancy it is so important to keep up your muscle strength because your body is already stretching and loosening in so many ways, by the time the baby comes you're loosy goosey and you pull muscles easily and it's DEFINITELY harder to get back to where you were before---especially if it's not your first baby! It doesn't mean that we need to be losng weight and trying to lift heavier or anything---it means recognizing what we CAN do and doing it, even if its hard.

Prance it baby!
...

What THEEEE
Keep that face in shape!

FitnessBlender-Tabata
I really don't like the FitnessBlender workouts just because of how they produce them. It is just wayyyyy too slow and boring for me. I'm sure the workouts are great, but I wouldn't know because I can't get past the first minute of any of them. I posted the tabata one just because I wanted to comment on tabata. There are sooooo many people and companies that do tabata workout videos and I have done some awesome ones and some horrid ones. This is one more on the horrid side SOLELY because of how it is produced. If you are looking into tabata I would really pick something with a bit more energy throughout the workout, because there are quite a few just like this one---energyless.


These are all just my thoughts and opinions! Hopefully they help you find something that you like to help you get where you want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment